Hi, in this post, we will see how we can use CSV sheet to create and manage products. Creating products from the admin panel one by one is a long process. Sheets make it simple and super fast.
I’m using Magento 1.9 here but should be similar in previous versions as well.
Here are the steps for it:
- Login to Magento admin panel
- Go to System -> Import/Export -> Dataflow – Profiles
- Click on Export All Products
- You can specify here the server type, filename, filters etc.
- Click Run Profile and then Run Profile in Popup
- The exported data file will be created in your project’s var\export folder
- Now, you can see the data in the file, edit it or add more products here.
- First of all, export a CSV by following the above mentioned points. Make sure this time you use filter to export a single product.
This will give us the required CSV for import without lot of data. For example, under Export Filters, enter SKU value of a product.
- Now replace the existing record with new product information.
- To provide images, we need to create a new folder under media/import.
Let us assume the name of product is Motorola Nexus 6, create a new folder named motorola-nexus-6 (or any name you want) under media/import.
Now, put three images to represent image, small image and thumbnail image. Let us assume the names are:
motorola-nexus-6.jpg motorola-nexus-6-small.jpg motorola-nexus-6-thumb.jpg
Now, in the CSV file, under image column, enter: /motorola-nexus-6/motorola-nexus-6.jpg
Similarly provide small_image and thumbnail column values.
Magento will automatically pick images from the media/import folder.
- Now go to System -> Import/Export -> Dataflow – Profiles
- Click on Import All Products
- Click on Upload File
- Browse your file to upload and click Save and Continue Edit button at the top
- Now, click Run Profile on the left menu
- Choose your uploaded file from the drop down and click Run Profile in Popup button
- After the process is completed, refresh your index and cache.
- Go to System -> Index Management, select all check boxes, Actions => Reindex Data, now click Submit.
- Now, go to System -> Cache Management -> select all check boxes, Action => Refresh, click Submit.
- You should now see new product(s) with images.