Hi, in this post we will set up Python programming environment on a Windows machine.
- First of all, download Python setup for Windows from the following link: Download Python
- After downloading, run the setup. We will be downloading and installing Python 3.5.0 64-bit version here.
- Next download PyCharm which is a great Python IDE. Download from here and install.
- Now, start PyCharm and create a new project
- Now we will create our first python program. Right click on your project -> New -> Python File. Give it the name first (extension will be automatically added).
- Now write following code in the file for basic input and output demonstration:
name = input("Enter your name : ") print("Hello " + name)
- Now right click anywhere in the code window and click Run ‘first’. Enter your name and Python will say hello to you.